Construct can be renamed by making a few changes. These changes are made to
templateDetails.xml and the language files. This is generally best done before installing Construct.
- Extract the contents of the installation package into a work directory on your computer.
templateDetails.xmlin your favorite code editor.
- Change the contents of the
<name>tag to the template's new name, as well as every occurrence of what was in it.
Be mindful of the text case (upper vs lower) as the standard convention is to use ALL CAPS for language strings (i.e.
TPL_CONSTRUCT5_ENABLE_SWITCHER_LABEL), and lower case for directory paths (i.e.
/templates/construct5/elements/) and the name of the template.
- Rename the language files appropriately to reflect the new name. For example, if you are changing the name to "Lucid",
- Open the language files and change the language strings within them. For example,
- Archive the contents, of what you extracted in step 1, back into an installation package (ZIP files).
Template names should not contain any spaces in them (hyphens and underscores are okay) and may need to be all lowercase.
If you rename your template, you will not be able to upgrade it without first renaming the latest Construct installation package to reflect this name. You can do this by following the above procedure.